This course follows the latest New York State Physical Setting/Earth Science Core Curriculum as a guideline, although we will explore many topics in greater depth.
- Laboratory assignments will afford the opportunity to explore the principles learned in class by first-hand observation and the basic scientific process.
- As per the state curriculum, a minimum of 1,200 minutes of laboratory work must be completed for students to be eligible for the Physical Setting/Earth Science Regents Examination.
Topics to be Covered:
- Earth’s Changing Environment
- Measuring Earth
- The Universe
- Motions of Earth, Moon, and Sun
- The Atmosphere
- Water and Climate
- Weathering, Erosion, and Deposition
- Rocks and Minerals
- Earth’s Crust and Interior
- Plate Tectonics
- Geologic History