Academic Tutoring Piano Program prepares for:
- Piano Guild (American College of Musicians)
- ABRSM (Royal Conservatory) exams,
- Auditions to LaGuardia HS,
- Music College Auditions.
Our young musicians have won Grand Prix and First Place placements in the Concert Festival and other internationally recognized competitions.
Our program encompasses:
- Individual Practicum Time
- Solfege, Music Theory Classes (please visit: Music Theory Page for more information)
- Musical Literature
Individual Practicum Time
Our Music Program focuses on individual practicum time. Students follow programs approved by the Music Association.
Levels of Practice:
Each class is 30, 45, 60 minutes in length with thorough analysis of sound, rhythm, intonation, and other techniques.
- The primary goal of the program is to expose students to the wonderful world of music.
- The secondary goal of the program is to help students achieve optimal results in admission to colleges and universities. Throughout the program, our students gather a large portfolio which they can later use in their admissions process.
Testing Requirements for the Program, include but not limited to:
- 2 annual technical evaluations (scales….)
- 2 annual piano piece evaluations
- Winter Concert
- Summer Concert
Our students take (American College of Musicians) Piano Guild exams.
Our experienced instructors are internationally recognized professionals who have acquired their education in top musical conservatories. They hold Master’s Degrees or higher levels of education.
At NY Smart Start, students have the choice of completing their music education with one of our two programs: complete music education and/or specific classes.