Wednesdays: Art Club I / Art Club II / Art Club III
Our engaging Art Program includes instruction in Drawing, Painting, Mixed Media, Found Object Art, Cartooning, and Watercolor Painting. Our journey will begin with some basics, ranging from learning about colors schemes, color wheels, and the need for artwork. Throughout this journey, students will have a great opportunity to learn some background knowledge about each thematic lesson associated with a specific artist or historic epoque.
|Session 1 ($400)||Session 2 ($400)||Session 3 ($400)|
|September: 14, 21, 28
October: 5, 12, 19, 26
November: 2, 9, 16, 23
|December: 7, 14, 21, 28
January: 11, 18, 25
February: 1, 8, 15
|March: 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
April: 5, 19, 26
May: 3, 10
Here is some information about why Art Education is so important:
- Working in the arts helps learners to develop creative problem-solving skills.
- Teaching through the arts can present difficult concepts visually, making concepts easier to understand.
- Art instruction helps children with the development of motor skills, language skills, social skills, decision-making, risk-taking, and inventiveness.
- Visual arts teach learners about color, layout, perspective, and balance: all techniques that are necessary in presentations (visual, digital) of academic work.
- Integrating art with other disciplines reaches students who might not otherwise be engaged in classwork.
- Arts experiences boost critical thinking, teaching students to take the time to be more careful and thorough in how they observe the world.
- The arts provide challenges for learners at all levels.
- Art education connects students with their own culture as well as with the wider world.